Post by aravshetikolava on Jun 1, 2018 18:46:33 GMT
Hello! I thought i may make this post so i can link it to anyone who says that it's difficult to meet/stay with a companion through the whole game. It is more likely for me to meet a good buddy and stay with them all the way to the light when i look up into those behaviours that i follow or avoid!
● Wired internet connection. If i use wifi on my ps3/4, the connection may be a bit unstable, leading to disconnects. Wire grants more stable connection. If lots of companions dust on you, it may be your internet.
● Hang out in the Broken Bridges level without building any bridge pieces. If i build a bridge piece, i can connect only with those who have built it as well. No released bridge sections give bigger chance of meeting a player who enters the level.
● Don't go too far from your companion. Journey has distance disconnection. It different for different levels, but if one companion stands at the beginning of the Broken Bridges level, and the other in the end for some time, they are likely to disconnect.
● Play as a red robe. This is not at all necessary, but i am are more likely to meet a companion quicker, because white robes can't connect to first time players.
● Here is a very good video on connection rules in journey, what are good spots for waiting a companion and how to avoid tricky disconnections. In the description of this video one can find a useful tip on how to connect to a specific person manually.
A lot of companions are willing to have same friend from broken bridges to the light, i wish you easy meeting and nice journeys, friends ^^ If anyone has any other things that can be done to increase the chances of meeting a companion and going through the whole game with them (maybe more of the connection-wise than behaviour-wise), please share
Post by aravshetikolava on Jun 1, 2018 19:15:53 GMT
Something about PS4: PS4 journey connection is really bad, especially compared to ps3. On PS4 it's not easy to connect to players that i would be easily connected on PS3 with. Also there are times when i can't connect to anyone at all. This is a really strange bug on ps4 journey where you can spend a lot of time in one level, have a lot of companions come and go, but never connect to anyone. It can usually be solved by going to the chapter select and back. Also if i press touchpad and see "Sign in to PSN" message on my screen, i am clearly offline
oh sorry for the loud noise it is dark in here. Ava and I made this connecting tutorial. It shows you how to start the game on ps4 with a bb continue save, navigate to the network area of settings, double-tapping ps button to return to the game, how long to wait when you enter the level before refreshing connection, double-tapping ps button to return to network settings and uncheck+check connect to the internet, double-tapping ps button again to return to the game and how far away you stand while you do it